Reese's Fast Break (or Hershey's Sidekick in Canada) is a chocolate bar produced by The Hershey Company. The bar consists of peanut butter and a layer of nougats with a milk chocolate coating. Due to the bar's shape, it resembles Drake's Funny Bones, a non-Hershey product, which those include just chocolate and peanut butter, and almost tastes like Funny Bones.
The bar was introduced between November/December 2002 and 2003, and did not air one commercial for the bar at the time.
December 2002-February 2003 Edit
Packaging consists of:
- A blue background.
- Yellow text reading "NEW!" at the top left.
- An orange oval showing the Reese's logo.
- "Fast Break", in yellow with a brown drop shadow. The text is surrounded by yellow chalk lines going fast (hence "Fast" Break).
- The bar, next to the product name, cut in half to show its ingredients.
- "MILK CHOCOLATE, PEANUT BUTTER, SOFT NOUGATS" in Helvetica Bold Italics Condensed below it.
- Net Weight byline: "NET WT 2 OZ (56g)", colored in yellow.
There are some differences with the bar in the wrapper than in reality. In the wrapper, the bar pictured has chocolate creme on top of the peanut butter part, and it's attaching the nougat part. In reality, the bar has peanut butter and nougat as the filling.
Same as before, except:
- The background is orange, just like the other Reese's products.
- The "NEW!" part is deleted.
- The oval is deleted, leaving only the Reese's logo.
- A blue banner, as part of the background.
- Net Weight byline: "NET WT 2 OZ (56g)", the same line used in the previous packaging.
Packaging consists of:
- A swirled orange background.
- The Reese's logo is revised.
- The "Fast Break" part is smaller.
- Half of the wrapper is colored blue, where the same chalk lines from the 2002 and 2003 wrappers appear.
- Overlapping the blue part, the bar appears cut in half, pictured how it would look like in reality. (see the comparison of the bar in "December 2002-February 2003".)
- In the King Size version, the bar is smaller.
- Net Weight byline: "NET WT 2 OZ (56g)", the same line used in the previous two packaging designs. If one picks up a King Size bar, the byline will read as "NET WT 3.5 OZ (99g)".
This is a list of copyrights seen on the back of every Reese's Fast Break wrapper.
- 2002-2005: Mfd. by H. B. Reese Candy Co., Hershey, PA, 17033-0815, USA. A Division of Hershey Foods Corporation.
- 2005-present: Mfd. by H. B. Reese Candy Co., Hershey, PA, 17033-0815, USA. A Division of The Hershey Company.